Pages

Tuesday 14 July 2015

Wreck This Journal: Trace Your Hand


I drew this page while having a conversation via skype, I live far away from my family and most of my friends, so I can easily spend a few hours chatting. 

The polaroids you see, are actually doodles of real pictures that we were talking about that day.
The last holiday with my friends, my first flat in London, etc.

I used a pencil to sketch everything, a blue and a brown regular color pencils for shading, purple and silver metallic pens for the nails and a black pen to trace the final lines.

I've always had difficulties to draw hands, even to the point that I would leave every single drawing with unfinished arms. But I realized that it was more of a mental block rather that lack of ability. And this happens to a lot of people, we need to forget about the object and just focus on drawing lines, sometimes it helps to draw the negative space between objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...